How do you like the new site?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator Staff Member

79 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The original design plan for OP was to go with a more themed approach, but I decided to go more streamlined and simple halfway through because it was wearing on me. I do plan to restyle the entire site at some point, but I want to focus more on functionality and features first.

anthonycalixto likes this.
  2. avoidthenoiders

avoidthenoiders Legacy Member

2 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    This new design is great, it makes the website less dated. From what I'm reading, it sounds like you already got plans for the future and I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Zeras and anthonycalixto like this.
  3. kingchronic

kingchronic New Member

2 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hey King checking. in here ... wanted to know can you guys upload Caribbean flags PLEASEEEEEE it so hard to find them online and in stock sites please let me know asap thanks.

4. medojanice

medojanice New Member

5 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    love the site liked the old logo

5. medojanice

medojanice New Member

5 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    which flags of the caribean ?

6. gfxcutz2017

gfxcutz2017 Legacy Member

5 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Can You Message Members? For Example, If You Wanted To Talk To Other Designers Or A Member Of The Admin Team Without Everyone Else Seeing The Conversation In A Thread?

7. Zeras

79 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Right now, you can do it but only in the forums and they will only see it if they are in the forums. In the forums, it's called "Conversations". Click the Inbox button at the top right in the forums to see your existing conversations and to start new conversations.

Soon, I plan to create links on profile pages to the start conversation page in the forums to send direct private messages to those members. I also plan to integrate inbox system alerts (for inbox only) into the main site as well so if someone sends you a message, you will see an alert/message stating as much on the main site.

gfxcutz2017 likes this.
  8. TheSickEmpire

TheSickEmpire Legacy Member

1 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm glad to see the site back on track. I hope it grows as a community. I certainly want to see it flourish. Thank you for taking your time to do it.

Zeras likes this.
  9. muneeb3372

muneeb3372 New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    very nice website.

10. EgoGfx

EgoGfx New Member

1 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    New site is dope. Couldnt log in to my old profile though (Allin1der) but it's cool. I never uploaded anything anyway.

Zeras likes this.
  11. ZapRose

ZapRose Legacy Member

1 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Glad the site is back up and running. New site is nice! Logged in and was surprised :eek:

Zeras likes this.
  12. ArtDesign

ArtDesign New Member

4 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Alot better. I appreciate the continual development and hard work you have put in. I would like to see a "dark/lights out/night" site theme if possible.

Zeras likes this.
  13. Zeras

79 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I have support for themes, I just haven't created a second one yet. I will have to wait until I make a few design tweaks and changes first.

14. Megaboost

Megaboost New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm actually very fond of the new look. Very corporate and clean/neat. The only Issue I seem to be having is that I can't click on any rating star, nothing happens at all. Everything else seems to work just fine though. That said, a massive kudos to all the team here at OP :).

15. Zeras

79 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Thank for you the kind words :D

As for the stars, I can see how that's confusing. We removed the star-based voting, but we felt the star rating should remain so what we did was replace the star-voting with LIKE and DISLIKE options. Those two votes are then used to determine a rating that is displayed in 5-star format.

Most star-based voting is being replaced on many sites because most users either give 1-star or 5-star votes, which is more comparable to dislike and like votes.

I will see if there is something I can do to help make the star system a little less confusing.

16. seoman828

seoman828 New Member

1 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    very nice new style keep going ,, regards

Zeras likes this.
  17. ArtDesign

ArtDesign New Member

4 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The current events banner is a PLUS. "Check out our xyz" when current events are happening, I found it to be very helpful. Artists will concentrate on certain events during certain periods of time, it really helps to click one banner and it takes you to those items.

For example: "St. Patrick's"

Old site: I would need to independently search "green", "st patty's", "st patrick's", "gold", "patty's", "Ireland", "saint", "green beer", "leprechaun", "pot", "Guinness", "Jameson", "lucky", "clover" and other words to find related subject items.

Again, good work on the site. I look forward to the new features.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Zeras likes this.
  18. Zeras

79 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Thank you for the kind words!

OP supports categories now, which can be accessed via advance search or by clicking on the category name when hovering over images while browsing if not on mobile or touch screen devices. That said, we hope to have a new category directory/list system up soon that will make that process easier.

Our plan is to continue going through the images for the next upcoming holiday and re-assign them to a newly created category for that holiday. After a year, that should take care of most holiday focused or themed images.

Also, we are hoping it will encourage more artists to create and upload more holiday themed images given they are being featured.

19. TheSchoolThatDoesntExist

TheSchoolThatDoesntExist New Member

1 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can't thank you enough for this great resource! Wow! What a great idea.

Zeras likes this.
  20. jhi241

jhi241 Legacy Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Site wont open in my firefox get this message
    "The website tried to negotiate an inadequate level of security.

officialpsds.com uses security technology that is outdated and vulnerable to attack. An attacker could easily reveal information which you thought to be safe. The website administrator will need to fix the server first before you can visit the site.

Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY"

and when opened in safari the uploader doesn't work